Q: How much does a booth space cost?
A: The cost of one 10 x 10 booth space is $75. Approved vendors may share a space for $90. Participate in all 5 events for $50 OFF your total booth fees!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like a 10x20 double space!
Q: What types of arts, crafts, and small businesses is RCMP looking for?
A: We are looking for a wide variety of original art and we always encourage new vendors to apply. Boutique style, brick and mortar businesses that are genuinely small, local, and contribute to the Sacramento community are also highly encouraged to apply.
Q: What criteria are used to determine application approval?
A: RCMP is dedicated to showcasing high quality arts, crafts, and design. Here are the qualifications and criteria we take into consideration for every applicant:
- Does the applicant create a high quality item? Are the products presented professionally?
- Is the applicant's item unique or unusual?
- Is the applicant experienced in his/her trade?
- Will the applicant have a successful event experience with direct sales and exposure, based on our attendee demographics?
To ensure your acceptance, please take into account these tips:
- Provide pictures and a website that have a professional appearance; presentation of your work can go a long way.
- Include pictures of your booth; although this is not required, we love to see unique booths that will engage attendees (demos and DIY stations are also a plus).
- Popular categories are more competitive.
- If you did not get in the first time you applied, make some adjustments and try again! We are happy to work with you and give you specific feedback if you ask.
Q: Who should apply?
A: You! Are you a builder, artist, craftsperson, designer, or just generally someone with really neat original ideas? Are you a local business with a community focus, looking to expand your brand? We want to be your preferred vending space. From first-timers to grizzled vets, all are welcome to apply. In order to maintain a true community-sourced marketplace, local vendors are preferred.
Q: Who should not apply?
A: We will not accept any applications submitted by corporate contractors, wholesale consultants, or mass-produced manufactured items. Generally, if you bought the item you are attempting to sell (vintage/antique excluded), this is not the event for you.
Q: What if there are too many makers in my category?
A: Here at RCMP, we make every effort to limit the number of vendors in similar categories in order to provide a lucrative experience for vendors and an eclectic mix of options for community customers. The system is designed to where if you have a great product, we will accept your application. We will accept more vendors than there is room for. It is up to you to purchase your booth space in a timely manner in order to secure your spot.
Q: What do I need to provide at the event?
A: We will provide the space, you build your shop. We want you to make the space your own, the more original your "storefront" the better. Pop-up tents are preferred, but not required nor provided. There will be no generators or access to outlets, so any electronic/automated display pieces will need to be battery-powered.
Q: How often does River City Marketplace occur?
A: The 2017 event series will be held on 5 dates at various locations:
- April 1: Saturday at Fremont Park 11-5 pm
- April 30: Sunday at Southside Park 10-4 pm
- June 24: Saturday at McKinley Park 10-4 pm
- September 23: Saturday at Tahoe Park 11-5 pm
- October 14: Saturday at Fremont Park 11-5 pm
Q: How is RCMP marketing and advertising the event?
A: Ads will appear in the free weekly Sacramento News & Review ("SNR") newspaper as well as through terrestrial radio on California Public Radio KXJZ 90.9 (Sacramento NPR affiliate). Four large banners will be placed at the park with a clear street view four weeks prior to the event. Posters and flyers will also be circulated. We have several partnerships with morning news shows, print publications, social media websites and local blogs. We are committed to making this a successful event for everyone and we urge all of our vendors to spread the word!
Q: What is your cancellation/refund policy?
A: In the event that you have purchased a booth, but are unable to attend, refunds are issued up to 30 days prior to the event. Within 2 weeks of the event date, we will roll your payment over to our next event. Please note, keeping your fee as a credit is a one time courtesy. If you have to cancel within 48 hours of the event, refunds will not be issued, and credit will not be rolled over.